Wine Sales Account Management
Want to sell a fantastic product?
Got a personality and love talking to people? Love wine? Get a kick out of selling? Want to bring those elements together in a role that offers flexibility, progression, and good earning potential?
We’re looking for positive fun-loving types who want to develop their careers in sales.
This role is ultimately a B2C telephone-based account management position in which you will look after a base of your own customers, contacting them by phone to ensure that their wine stocks are healthy and letting them know about the latest offers that, based on your relationship with them, you know they’ll love.
Initially it will be a mix of incoming and outgoing calls with the former predominating. As you gain experience and customers the mix will flip with you calling customers you’ve arranged to speak with while still taking calls from those that just can’t wait for their next case of wine from you!
You’ll have monthly sales targets and, while it won’t be a walk in the park, the norm is for everyone to be achieving or exceeding them and it’s our job as a management team to help you get there.
• You can expect to earn £26.5k in your first year with earning potential uncapped and growing every year
Who we are looking for:
You might not have experience of dealing with customers exclusively by phone (most of our current team hadn’t either) but that doesn’t matter so long as you:
• Have a lively personality and great telephone manner
• Can think on your feet and are not afraid of working exclusively off a computer-based system
• Have a positive outlook. We’re great believers in the adage ‘you get out of life what you put in’ – so you’ll need to have a positive outlook and your glass will definitely need to be half-full!
• Are confident and resilient – it’s a targeted sales environment after all so you’ll need to have a degree of mental toughness and be able to take the rough with the smooth and keep on keeping on.
• Are willing to learn about wine (if you don’t already have a wine background) – working towards an accredited wine qualification from the WSET
We expect you to bring a lot to Laithwaite’s but in return we offer:
• 35 hours per week contract with opportunities for flexible working after probation
• Producer tastings, events and wine festivals
• Incentives and competitions. Recent winners have visited the wine regions of Rioja and Champagne
• A generous staff discount
• WSET qualifications (Intermediate and Advanced), with potential for WSET Diploma sponsorship
• A flexible benefits scheme, including bike to work, gym membership, pension, child care vouchers etc.
• If you’re currently in retail or hospitality, then you’ll appreciate a better work-life balance and strong rewards for your hard work.
If you like the sound of us then click apply!
P.S. We’ve been around since 1969 – Tony, Barbara and family still run the business