We have an excellent, career-building opportunity with a royal chartered organisation based in Northampton. Working as a technical specialist in Waste Management, you will provide advice and support to internal and external customers - working across all departments.
SALARY: Up to £32,000
· Good Holiday Package (rising with service)
· Excellent Pension (9%)
· Life Assurance
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Kettering, Milton Keynes, Bedford, Southam, Rugby, Market Harborough, Corby, Banbury, Bletchley, Coventry
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
· Lots of jobs talk about building a career in a sector, but how many have the infrastructure in place to make it happen? With us, you will be given the opportunity to become a recognised expert in the waste management sector. Your opinions and knowledge will make a difference.
· Every day is different! This is a hugely diverse role which will evolve over time to suit the individual. We work with businesses across the UK from almost every industry and sector. Don't become pigeon-holed in one thing. Broaden your horizons and expand your skill base.
· Through us, you will build a network across the waste management industry and help shape the future direction of the organisation and our relationships with members.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Waste Management Advisor / Environmental Consultant
This is a hugely diverse role. Core responsibilities will include providing technical knowledge and support related to waste management legislation and policy to the membership and beyond.
You will work on a variety of organisation-wide projects including the development of an internal competency framework. Alongside this, you will also be responsible for building and curating the online knowledge centre.
Going forward, this role will evolve to see you become a technical expert in the waste management sector – offering advice and support to internal and external customers. You will build a network with waste management professionals across the UK – increasing your knowledge base. You will also be asked to help develop conference / event activities.
This vacancy will be based at our new site at Brackmills, Northampton.
REQUIREMENTS: Waste Management Advisor/ Environmental Consultant
We need someone who is genuinely interested and holds a detailed knowledge of the waste management sector.
This may come from the workplace or an appropriate degree (waste management / environmental studies) but you must have current knowledge and interest in legislation, policy and 'hot-topic' subjects in the sector.
Your work experience (this could be a full career or placement year - for instance) could come from:
· Working in a waste management consultancy - providing advice and support to clients on waste management issues.
· Any business where YOU are responsible for providing information and advice on technical issues related to a company’s waste management responsibilities. This could be in a junior role in a team in a large company, or sole responsibility in a smaller business.
· An appropriate department of a Local Authority providing similar support to organisations / companies.
Any exposure to membership organisations would be an added benefit.
We have a proven track record of promoting from within. This role will also evolve to take advantage of the skills of the successful candidate.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Waste Management Advisor, Waste Management Consultant, Environmental Advisor, Environmental Consultant, Waste Management Specialist, Technical Development Executive, Waste Consultant, Recycling, Sustainability. Chartered Institute, Memberships, Government, Local Authority.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Waste Management Consultant and reference SP15418 to Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.