Warehouse Operator /Collection & Delivery Driver required for a Logistics, Parcel, Pallet & Courier Company, an award winning overnight delivery company, based in Staffordshire, West Midlands.
Due to increased demand we are looking to add to our professional team of Warehouse Operators / Drivers in the Stoke and surrounding areas;
Stoke, Crewe, Nantwich, Congleton, Leek, Uttoxeter.
Job Title: Warehouse Operator / Collection & Delivery Driver
Package: Salary of circa £16.5k to £18K, dependent on experience, / overtime / attendance bonus after probationary period.
Normal working hours are 42.5 hours a week from 3 am to 12 noon, Tuesday- Saturday + overtime as required.
Product: Logistics and Courier company, with a company philosophy of providing first class service at all times and exceeding expectations.
Warehouse Operator / Collection & Delivery Driver required for an award winning overnight delivery company responsible, for transporting documents, parcels and other small shipments.
Main purpose of the role is split between:
-General Warehouse Work, to ensure pallets and parcels are unloaded / loaded from vehicles in accordance with operational requirements.
-Driving, to collect and deliver parcels to and from customers within the ST and CW postcodes, covering Stoke, Crewe, Nantwich, Congleton, Leek, Uttoxeter.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
Unloading / loading of Parcels from incoming collection vehicles.
Checking weight and delivery service are shown correctly on labels.
Scanning of parcels using hand held scanner.
Loading parcels into outbound parcel cages.
Loading /unloading trunk vehicles.
Undertake general Warehouse housekeeping duties.
-You will be driving a 3.5 Tonne Mercedes Sprinter size van. The role is split between deliveries and collections and will also require you to load (confirming you have the correct goods) and unload your freight.
- To undertake daily checks of the vehicle as detailed on Defect Report.
- To deliver parcels/ other items to customers as detailed on Load Sheet (with Delivery Notes)
- To obtain proof of delivery from each customer by obtaining a signature on Delivery Note or electronic signature unit.
- To collect parcels / other items according to daily Collection Sheet.
- To assist loading and unloading your vehicle.
Key Skills / Experience:
- Previous experience of Warehouse work essential and particularly Warehouse work in Logistics industry, would be beneficial.
-Driving License (clean or soon to be so).
- Previous experience of local multi- drop deliveries, preferable but not essential. Attitude more important than experience.
- Good accident record.
-Knowledge of ST and CW postcode areas.
-Ability to read A-Z and journey plan daily route.
-Fit, energetic and enthusiastic
-Good Customer service standards and smart appearance.
You must also have a range of personal skills and attributes including;
- Initiative and Involvement
- Good Team worker
- Commitment and desire to succeed.
- Health and Safety awareness
- Good verbal communication and inter-personal skills both face to face and on telephone.
- Relationship management with others
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Polite and courteous at all times
Job Title: Warehouse Operative / Collection & Delivery Driver,
Salary of circa earnings from £16.5k to £18K, dependent on experience, / overtime / attendance bonus after probationary period. Normal working hours will be 42.5 hours a week from 3 am to 12 noon, Tuesday-Saturday + overtime as required.
If you are interested then forward your CV as a word attachment to Frazer.