7 months ago
Trainee Claims Adviser - Colchester, Essex
Salary: £17,000 to £21,000
This is an exciting opportunity for a Claims Adviser to join our clients growing team. This role will be responsible for handling Legal Expenses claims in an effective and efficient manner with the support of other member of the team, Team Managers, Claims Managers and Director of Claims and Operations. Claims include but are not limited to personal injury, both motor and non-motor, criminal prosecution, clinical negligence, landlord and tenant disputes, employment, contract and property.
• Handling legal expenses claims with appropriate supervision.
• Ensure that customer expectations about the process and timescales are well managed
• Reviewing new claims received under nominated contracts to establish whether those claims have sufficient prospects to satisfy policy conditions and therefore warrant support under the insurance
• Reviewing responses from solicitors and negotiating terms of instruction with supervision
• Agreeing appointment of solicitors and preparing an initial estimate of costs with supervision
• Contacting policyholders
• Closely monitoring and recording the developing costs position
• Ensure that new claims and correspondence are actioned in accordance with our service level agreements
• Handling inbound and outbound telephone calls and responding appropriately
• Return all telephone calls to the policyholder on the same day or as agreed with the customer and complete a clear and precise attendance note for each call
• Ensuring claims are managed in accordance with agreed diary procedures
• Inputting and updating the Claims Management System
• To carry out all work in accordance with agreed service standards and FCA regulations
• Other duties and responsibilities as may be set by the Team/Claims/Office Manager
Skills & Experience Required:
• Keen to develop a career in an insurance environment
• Minimum of 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) at A-C grades including English and Maths
• Experience of using all Microsoft Office programs
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Excellent organisational and time keeping skills
• Confidence to own tasks without supervision
What you get in Return
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Pension Scheme
• Support with training & qualifications including, CII, AAT, Masters etc.
• Travel Insurance
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.