8 months ago
Trade Counter/Sales Office Assistant (Trainee Sales Representative)
Location: Cribbs Causeway, Bristol BS10 7UB
Salary: £20,000 package
Previous experience in a sales office or trade counter is ESSENTIAL
Our client is the country's leading distributor of Floor Coverings. Customers are independent retailers and contractors, located throughout the United Kingdom within established sales territories.
They currently have a vacancy for a Trade Counter/Sales Office Assistant with the talent and motivation to progress to become a Field Sales Representative of the future. This excellent opportunity is based at a busy Trade Counter on Cribbs Causeway in Bristol and exists as a result of internal promotion.
• Ensure the trade counter customers are served quickly and efficiently.
• Ensure telephones are answered promptly, and orders taken accurately and priced correctly.
• Process e-mail and faxed orders.
• Learn all aspects of the Trade Counter & Sales Office function
• Develop excellent product knowledge.
• Develop excellent working relationships with our customers and field based team.
• Maintain stock levels and merchandising within the trade counter and showroom.
• Some warehouse duties, including stock taking and assisting customers with loading.
• Support the trade counter manager in developing sales.
• Learn sales techniques and adapt to your own personality.
• Accompanied working with existing representatives in the field.
The successful candidate will:
• Be highly motivated and keen to succeed and progress within the business.
• Have an excellent attendance record in previous roles.
• Be educated to a good standard at GCSE level, and will ideally have achieved good grades at 'A' Level, though common sense and an excellent work ethic are more important!
• Have the ability to communicate with customers and colleagues at all levels.
• Be well-organised, methodical and calm under pressure.
• Have a good understanding of IT systems including Excel, Word and e-mail, (training will be given on our in-house system).
• Aspire to succeed in a career in Sales and want to progress to a field sales role in the future.
• Be flexible to meet the needs of the business.
Knowledge of flooring products is not essential, but would be an advantage, as would experience of a similar working environment. A forklift licence would also be an advantage.
Our client offers a full benefits package, which includes excellent salary structure including bonuses, pension scheme and life assurance.
To apply for this Trade Counter/Sales Office Assistant role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.