Satarah Recruitment is currently recruiting for our client based in Corby, Northamptonshire. They are looking to recruit a talented Technologist, who will actively contribute to the supply of good value and quality products, whilst coordinating company technical requirements. This role is an exciting and challenging role, with the opportunity for overseas travel and working with key stakeholders.
Your day to day activities will include:
· Participate in the technical development of their products whilst working in partnership with Buyers to deliver results as a team.
· Ensure that the team and supply base have all the relevant information to enable them to develop products within the critical path timelines including care and use instructions.
· Conduct risk assessments where appropriate.
· Ensure product is developed and manufactured to the specified quality standards meeting ethical, legal and brand requirements.
· Responsible for product development and QC process.
· Effective management and closure of product issues to agreed timescales.
· Ensure all suppliers are aware of our sourcing policy and factory standards.
· Travel within the UK and overseas as required to support product development and issue resolution within factories or customers.
· Working logistics & support any packaging improvements required to reduce returns rates.
· Support product development with user trials where appropriate.
· Understand the customer through regular contacts and analysing returns figures.
· Customer resolution to complaint enquiries - investigating root cause and performing relevant testing as appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have a background in Product development for the gifting business, confident with NPD, stakeholder management across the business and enjoy project work and supporting customers.
Our client is ideally looking for:
· Experience in similar role preferred, at least 5 years.
· Demonstrate market and competitor awareness.
· Maintain awareness of current legislation as regards testing and standards.
· Technical experience showing responsibility for specific product areas.
· Knowledge of factory audit standards and requirements, preferably with overseas contact.
· Ability and willingness to travel within the UK and Overseas as required.
This client provides an excellent benefits package:
· 37.5 Hours
· 25 days holidays + bank holidays
· 3% Pension
· Free parking on site
· Career progression opportunities
If you have the relevant skills required for this role and would like to apply, please submit your cv. If you require further information, please contact Anna at Satarah Rwecruitment.