Flight Centre Travel Group, one of the world’s most successful travel selling companies is growing rapidly in its corporate brands, which means we're scouring the nation for a talented professional to become a Technical Writer. Based in our Head Office, in New Malden (14 minutes from Clapham Junction), you’ll help the Bid Writer prepare top-notch technical documents (e.g. detailed responses and diagrams on infrastructure, IT security, disaster recovery etc.) used to pitch for contracts and create winning propositions.
About the role
- Become an integral part of corporate technical support team
- Respond to the technical sections or questions raised during the bid process
- Assist with sales team requests which will ultimately help gain new business
- Create necessary support documentation to allow sales and account managers directly support prospective and current customers
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience as a Technical Writer or Bid Writer with technical knowledge
- Strong educational background (degree preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to interpret and respond to technical documentation such as IT security questionnaires
- Ability to manage multiple projects within strict deadlines
- Confident with learning new technologies (RFPIO)
- Confidence and ability to liaise with senior product leaders and IT specialists to source answers to technology questions
- Ability to translate technical responses from internal sources into client-facing language
- Creative approach to presenting technical information in a visually appealing and informative manner
Rewards and Benefits
This Technical Writer position encourages professional development and offers fantastic potential for progression. As part of the award-winning Flight Centre Travel Group, you’ll have access to a wealth of different roles to develop into. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary of £40K - £50K DOE as well as our award-winning benefits package that includes:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Illustrious social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme
- Employer-matched pension scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Technology scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
Here at Flight Centre, we have a strong focus on building your career, and we believe in promoting from within. Our training is second-to-none and, as such, we offer a variety of opportunities to progress.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To join us in our success, click "apply now" where you’ll be directed to a short application form and can upload your CV.