Technical Project Manager,
Contract Type: Permanent
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for a programme of work to with a focus on the infrastructure technologies across the business. They need to ensure we continue to meet high expectations of new product and new service requirements.
This is a project management role which also requires a sound technical background and experience managing external suppliers. The position can be responsible for projects in several technologies and activities, but main focus is on security projects in the GDPR, PCI arena.
We currently have a challenging technology roadmap for 2018 and the project manager would be assigned to either a programme of work or number of varying projects concurrently. The roadmap for 2018 has a number of other security projects, AV/ATP replacement, Identity Service Engine implementation, Role based profiling, Security Incident Event Management, Intrusion Prevention, Sing sign on, 2 factor-authentication, etc - the successful candidate will have experience implementing some or most of these projects.
· You will have a proven track record in delivering IT Infrastructure Services and Projects
· Ideally 5yrs + experience in a current hands on role as technical project manager
· You will be a Prince II practitioner qualified or other industry recognised qualifications
· Planning and organising skills, experience of running 6-12month long infrastructure projects with multi-disciplined resources across all IT technical components areas
· Managing project budgets in excess of 500K with project teams of 5 or more FTE
· Managing projects from discovery & requirement gathering to plan, deliver and close.
· Strong attention to detail; you will be hard working and have the confidence to play a major role within a fast growing business. You will be very well organised and able to prioritise work effectively and have strong business partnering relationship's
Scope of Responsibility
· Management of a portfolio of Infrastructure projects across the Lookers estate, with specific responsibility for dealership infrastructure
· Planning and defining of scope, sequencing, resource planning, time and cost estimating
· Delivery of the SLA and project objectives within the Infrastructure area
· Keeping up to date with Technical and service developments within the industry and making recommendations where appropriate to feed into the long term IT strategy
· Ensuring that all projects deliver to the agreed deliverables, to budget, time and quality
· Management of project teams made up of Lookers resources and external suppliers
Prince II practitioner qualified or other industry recognised qualifications
· 5yrs + experience in a current hands on role as technical project manager, with focus on security projects.
· Experience implementing technical solutions for a non-technical user base
· Experience developing business cases for technology upgrade and change
· Benefit realisation and management experience
· Experience with managing/coordinating multiple third parties to deliver to their obligations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Stakeholder management experience - expectation management
· Self starter able to work with minimal supervision
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.