Technical Project Manager,
IT Portfolio, Manchester
Contract Type: Permanent
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
At Lookers we have a fast-paced change agenda. We are investing in providing great customer experience and we want that to go from strength to strength. We have change projects that focus on improving our Infrastructure capabilities; improving our network; adding new capabilities to our environment (cloud, VMware, O365) and running a large desktop strategy programme. We are making our infrastructure more resilient, our support more efficient and our IT capability more centralized. Lookers is the perfect place for strong project managers to make a huge impact.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of truly transformational agenda of change bringing with it great opportunities for development and a long term career with us. This is a full time role however full flexibility on start and finish times is offered
Our IT Operations Team sits in IT and leads infrastructure technical change projects across the company. Our Project Managers are central to this.
As a Technical Project Manager you will:
· Ensure successful delivery of Lookers change agenda through all phases of the project lifecycle.
· Work in collaboration with project sponsors and other stakeholders within the business to ensure shared ownership for the delivery of project outcomes.
· Deliver change into the organisation through the application of 'best in class' project, programme and change management.
· Play an active role in continuously improving the engagement and performance of the team
What we need from you:
· Experience managing projects with conflicting priorities, realising key business outcomes delivering to time, budget and quality.
· Proven evidence of delivering projects with customer facing technology
· Proven ability to achieve tight deadlines.
· Good knowledge of effective project governance and financial management.
· Ability to undertake strategic and analytical thinking, develop business cases, write proposals, and lead specification and selection activities.
· Knowledge of planning, project and risk management tools and techniques.
· Change management experience working in an IT or business environment.
· Experience with customer outcomes (experience) driven projects, programmes and/or organisations
· Experience of the management of multi-disciplinary teams to deliver effective performance.
· Professional qualification (or working towards) in Project or Programme Management, e.g. APM, PMP, Prince 2, MSP, Agile project delivery.
· Technical knowledge of workplace, hosting and networks infrastructure services required.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.