about 1 month ago
Tax Assistant - Personal and Family, Edinburgh
Salary: Dependent on experience
Our Client is a large international law firm headquartered in Scotland who combine the individual expertise of its colleagues, from all areas of the business, to deliver Enlightened Thinking - new knowledge and new legal possibilities that are uniquely suited to each of their clients in Scotland, the UK and internationally.
They are committed to investing in and developing their people and operate a bespoke development framework that has been designed to give you a clear understanding of the expectations of you at each stage in your career. In addition, they have a transparent promotion process and a dedicated training programme that has been put in place to develop both technical legal and business expertise.
JOB ROLEThis role is to service a portfolio of individual tax returns, repayment claims and trust tax returns. There will also be a requirement to assist the lawyers and paralegals in dealing with the tax reporting for executries and charity tax reclaims.
• Completion of personal tax returns, repayment claims and trust returns
• Preparation of correspondence sending out returns for signature
• Lodging returns with HMRC
• Checking client statements of account and PAYE tax coding notice
• Handling correspondence and telephone enquiries with HMRC
• Advising clients of tax liabilities due at 31 January and 31 July each year.
• Sending R185s to beneficiaries of trusts and executries
• Raising fees for work done and sending these out to clients
• Chasing for payment where necessary
• Maintaining Interactive Data books for CGT
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
• Computer literate particularly in Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
• Experience of Digita tax software is desirable
• Experience of managing a tax portfolio is essential
• Knowledge of income tax and capital gains tax essential
• Ability to speak to clients in a polite and courteous manner
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Methodical and accurate in approach
• Energetic and hard working
• Good at working with others to achieve an objective and willing to assist others when required
You can expect to work in an environment that is challenging and rewarding in which you will be exposed to a wide variety of quality clients and transactions. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work alongside, and learn from, some of Scotlands leading solicitors.
In return for hard work you will receive an attractive salary and benefits package and you will be given a fantastic platform from which to develop your own career.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
27 days ago
only 15 hours until close
25 days ago
only 3 days until close