4 months ago
A Systems Engineer is required to join our client based in Cambridgeshire. You will work alongside their software development team to design, validate and support my clients next generation performance data and video recording systems.The role offers the successful candidate the chance to work on a wide variety of challenging electronics projects in the automotive and motorsport sector.
• Design and development of a comprehensive suite of test tools and processes to ensure all delivered software meets its functional and non-functional acceptance criteria & complies with strict automotive standards.
• To work with the development team to define system requirements.
• Perform in-vehicle and bench testing of hardware and software solutions.
• Design and commission test equipment to integrate existing vehicle equipment with the companies products.
• Automate software test processes where possible.
• Conduct 'hands on' verification and validation programs as required.
• To investigate, replicate and diagnose technical issues reported from the field.
• Specify and run test cases to validate software functionality.
• Develop test scripts to exercise and stress the product in order to detect software defects.
Skills, Qualifications & Attributes:
• BSc/MSc or BEng/Meng level Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent qualification.
• ISEB/ISTQB Certificate in Software Testing.
• Experience using test equipment such as digital oscilloscopes, signal generators, multi-meters.
• Diagnose system deficiencies and advise on effective solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• An understanding of CAN bus communications.
• Use of Vector CAN test and analysis tools such as CANoe, CANalyzer etc.
• Experience of Intrepid Control Systems Vehicle Spy software.
• Computer language skills such as C/C++ and/or scripting languages.
• Use of hand tools, soldering and wiring as well as video processing knowledge.
• Image quality assessment and testing.
• Experience of using software defect tracking and reporting systems.
If you have the skills and experience for this role, looking to join a well-established and growing business and would like to apply, please submit your CV. For further information please contact Anna on.
Do you have experience required for the role?
Have you worked in a similar role previously?