Responsible for the sourcing of parts which have no defined route to purchase or contract, supporting workshop and authority requirements and assisting with low value purchasing activities.
- Check planned orders within Baan for demands and assess their importance in line with business priority directives.
- Ensure timely procurement of spare parts in line with business priorities, eg BOPS, COSL
- Raise requests for quotation with the supply base and perform quotation analyses on the responses.
- Confirm suitability of the offer to enable the Buy team to raise the order on the supplier.
- Maintain the account for Bowman Spares, ensuring the correct processing of these.
- Source alternative supply of equipment and spares for those NSNs which are not currently on a contract or sourced from SS3.
- Work with the Contract Let and Technical teams to add alternative suppliers to contract, especially in respect of parts which are runners and repeaters.
- Perform robust analyses of quotations from suppliers, taking into account price, lead time and quality requirements.
- Be able to read technical drawings to facilitate discussions with new potential suppliers.
- Provide regular feedback to the Workshop Supply Chain team regarding sourcing of alternative spares.
- Liaise with the Engineering function to obtain the correct approvals for the use of alternative parts.
- Provide purchase statistical information to management on request.