Responsible for the sourcing of parts which have no defined route to purchase or contract, supporting workshop and authority requirements and assisting with low value purchasing activities.
- Check planned orders within Baan for demands and assess their importance in line with business priority directives.
- Ensure timely procurement of spare parts in line with business priorities, eg BOPS, COSL
- Raise requests for quotation with the supply base and perform quotation analyses on the responses. Confirm suitability of the offer to enable the Buy team to raise the order on the supplier.
- Maintain the account for Bowman Spares, ensuring the correct processing of these.
- Source alternative supply of equipment and spares for those NSNs which are not currently on a contract or sourced from SS3.
- Work with the Contract Let and Technical teams to add alternative suppliers to contract, especially in respect of parts which are runners and repeaters.
- Perform robust analyses of quotations from suppliers, taking into account price, lead time and quality requirements.
- Be able to read technical drawings to facilitate discussions with new potential suppliers.
- Provide regular feedback to the Workshop Supply Chain team regarding sourcing of alternative spares.
- Liaise with the Engineering function to obtain the correct approvals for the use of alternative parts.
- Provide purchase statistical information to management on request.