IT Development, Lookers Head Office, Manchester
Contract Type: Permanent
Excellent earning potential
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
As part of the Enterprise Architecture group, and software delivery team, you'll be responsible for establishing the optimum technology solution to meet specific business needs. You'll translate enterprise architecture principles into solution design, and work with teams to deliver high quality products and services.
Technologies used are primarily, but not exclusively, from the Microsoft stack including Azure, Dynamics CRM, BizTalk, MDS, ASP.NET (MVC) and SQL Server.
Qualities we're looking for:
· You love what you do and have a passion for technology.
· You're fun to work with and instinctively know how to make work fun.
· Thinks big, and willing to take on any challenge.
· Convert business and technical requirements into an architectural design that becomes the blueprint for the solution being created.
· Formulate architectural designs consistent with technology strategy, relevant patterns and enterprise architecture principles.
· Provide technical guidance for software development teams throughout the course of the project.
· Plan the technical requirements to transition a design into a working solution.
· Having led the design phase of the project, participate in all remaining phases to verify that the design is installed, configured and documented correctly.
· Where relevant, assist with assessment of vendor proposals.
· Work closely with data architects to ensure information requirements are met in solution design.
· Critical thinking and the ability, constructively, to challenge ideas and design approaches.
· Strong design, analytical and technical aptitude.
· Experience of understanding business requirements and working with key business and technology stakeholders.
· An ability to work independently with little supervision, but integrate well into teams.
· Good understanding of multiple architectural design patterns, SOLID, data integration techniques, SOA and Microservices.
· Fluent in whiteboard demonstrations and ability to articulate ideas.
· Excellent architecture diagramming capabilities.
· Experienced and comfortable with an Agile development environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to create effective requirements documents and review them with project stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization.
· Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
Education and Experience
· Extensive hands on experience of architecting and implementing relevant Microsoft technologies, infrastructure, datastores and networking.
· Experience migrating and transforming legacy software solutions to the cloud.
· Familiarity with common enterprise services, products (i.e. Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (i.e. ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF).
· Professional qualification in Computer Science/Studies, or other related discipline.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.