Ensure that office facilities and key business systems are managed to ensure smooth operation of the business. This includes managing the process for receiving customers and other visitors to demonstrate high professional standards; ensuring systems are implemented efficiently and fully maximised, keeping business disruption to a minimum; providing business support to key projects and Local leadership members .
The administrator provides effective and responsive administrative/secretarial services to support the day-to-day business operations and activities.
Covering support for site leader and staff, data management, visitor management (including refreshments & lunch orders), PPE, room bookings, liaison with site management, site communications.
o Kronos time and attendance administration for all site employees
o Inductions (EHS & Security) for visitors
o Supplies management (office, visitors PPE, etc)
o Focal point for employee PPE orders (safety shoes, dust coats etc)
o Main lobby focal for all visitors
o Coordinate logistics and set-up/clean-up for luncheons, events, employee briefs etc
o Support coordination of events
o Room bookings management
o Liaison with Vantage Point (site management)
o Site visitor access system administration (ePass)
o Stationery & site non-production consumables management
o Develop reports in Powerpoint, Word or Excel, as required
o Vehicle Management
o Management of the Company Phone System, telephone directory, organisation charts and group email lists
o Deal with Public and Customer general enquiries
o Travel Processes - ensure full compliance with travel policy, where necessary support the application for visas and oversee travel authorisation process, tracking spend for business
o Visitors to site - manage process for notifications of customer visits and booking of appropriate facilities to support visits
Recruitment - Support on-site recruitment events working closely with HR
Qualifications and requirements
- GCSE as a minimum with proven experience in a secretarial/administrative role
- Administrative qualification and experience working in a professional business environment in an administrative role
The desired characteristics for the role include:
- Knowledge of general office management and current computer/office communications technologies; experienced in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Self-Starter, proactive, able to work independently with minimal direction, able to maintain confidentiality and handle matters discreetly
- Effective time management and organizational skills; able to balance multiple priorities
- Effectively problem-solve and resolve a variety of issues and topics within the job scope
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with customers, senior level management and corporate contacts
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills including strong grammatical skills
If you are interested in hearing more details, please feel free to contact Dan Purnell at
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.