Platts Harris, Retford
Contract Type: Permanent
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do. we now have an exciting opportunity for a Service Manager to join Platts Harris, our Agricultural, Construction and Groundcare machinery business.
About the role:
· Reporting directly to the Managing Director
· Management of staff in line with company policies
· Directly responsible for all areas of departmental, profitability, audit and warranty.
· Greeting, liaising and proactive updating of customer demands.
· Building a first class relationship with our customers and suppliers.
What do we need from you:
· Knowledgeable in machinery or possessing experience within an engineering environment
· Computer confident & capable
· Proactive decision maker
· Excellent telephone manner & communication skills
· Flair for interacting with people at all levels
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Understanding and flexible towards seasonal business demands
If you would like to join our company and can offer enthusiasm, commitment & you are self-motivated with a can do approach, we would like to hear from you!
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.