Friday Media Group is growing fast, and entering a new and exciting stage of development so it’s a great time to join us. Our strengths lie in local classified advertising, niche web marketplaces, ecommerce, recruitment and digital services. We are expanding in the UK and internationally, and currently operate from offices in Brighton, Preston, Pembroke, Miami, Bangalore and Barcelona.
We're looking for a talented, smart SEO professional to help with the management and delivery of our Organic Search Strategy for some of our Marketplace brands, including our flagship site - Friday-ad.co.uk. You'll be competent in all aspects of SEO, including technical, on-page and off-page, as well as comfortable working with the Content & Outreach team to help guide content creation. You’ll be part of a growing marketing team, but also benefit from the breadth of expertise and great people at Friday Media Group.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working with, and reporting directly to the Head of SEO
- Developing first-class SEO campaigns for a range of Marketplace sites.
- Putting together website audits and recommendations in order to improve the visibility of your websites.
- Directly implementing those recommendations where possible via a CMS, and dealing with developers otherwise.
- Communicating with colleagues to provide recommendations and advice regarding the SEO strategies.
- Project and analysis work on an ad hoc basis
- Carry out performance analysis, and highlight opportunities for growth.
- Ensuring our backlink profiles are clean of any potentially harmful links.
- Working closely with the Content and Outreach team to deliver content to build backlinks, as well as assisting them with outreach where necessary.
- Liaising with key FMG personnel and departments to deliver the strongest possible commercial and strategic offering.
- Ensuring that your knowledge of the digital marketing industry is kept up to date and relevant by researching/reading blogs and news sources.
- Analyse the SEO industry and identify threats and opportunities.
- Sharing knowledge and ideas.
- Assisting with training of other staff members.
We are looking for talented individuals with drive and ambition who will stand out from the crowd and really help the websites grow. We’re looking for a well rounded individual, with good knowledge of technical SEO.
- Proven history of working in SEO, and getting results.
- Excellent understanding of Google Algorithms
- Fully proficient in Google Analytics and Search Console
- Experience using SEO tools, preferably Screaming Frog, Majestic, SEMrush etc
- Ability to liaise with directly developers, as well as non-technical staff.
- Ability to distinguish good quality backlinks, from toxic.
- Professional, confident and friendly manner
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with hreflang and international SEO
- Experience working with large site SEO
- Experience with website migrations
- A good understanding of other aspects of online marketing including PPC, Social Media, Content Marketing, CRO etc.
- A geek when it comes to Excel
What Friday Media Group Will Offer You:
- 2pm finish every Friday
- 25 days holiday
- A vibrant, relaxed and non corporate working environment
- On site Gym, and discounted Holiday accommodation in Wales and Spain
- Free fruit
- Opportunity to develop your SEO career and deliver growth on market leading websites
- Opportunity to work alongside highly talented digital marketing professionals
- Competitive Salaries
- Company Pension scheme
Location: Sayers Common
Contract: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000 dependent on experience