3 months ago
Elevation Recruitment Group are currently supporting a key client based in Nottingham who are looking to hire a Senior Support Engineer.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful growing business and will play a pivotal role in the continued success of the company.
- Demonstrate Technical Infrastructure Architectural knowledge, playing a vital role in the design of production, staging, QA and development infrastructures running in 24x7 environments.
- Participate in development of architectural strategy, including technology standardisation and modernisation
- Develop implementation strategies that preserve the availability, performance, integrity, stability, and scalability of systems, consistent with cost constraints
- Strategically analyse the risks, benefits, and opportunities associated with any given solution.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in problem solving.
- Work with Business users, Project/Program Management, Web Engineers, Network Engineers, Systems Administrators, Application Developers, Architects, Data Base Administrators, Operations persons, and Software Vendors to prevent or solve difficult performance problems
- Handle escalated calls from User Support Team.
- Administer and maintain corporate infrastructure, including Active Directory, LAN,Internet access, firewalls, SCCM, Perforce Exchange and Office 365 platforms, amongst others.
- Define, design and implement new and updated hardware and software solutions for development and/or production.
- Administer the VMware Infrastructure and enterprise storage.
- Administer the software application and desktop operating system deployment environment using Microsoft SCCM
- Administer the Cisco Call Centre Manager VOIP telephone system and/or Skype for Business platform.
- Monitor and troubleshoot server and network infrastructure.
- Manage Monitoring System to ensure any necessary action is taken.
- Administer backup and disaster recovery systems and processes.
- Management of relationships with third parties and suppliers.
- Keep operational documentation up-to-date.
- Research, recommend, plan and implement infrastructure system projects.
Essential Experience Required:
- A number of years commercial experience with Microsoft Windows server (2008R2, 2012, 2016) including deployment methods, configuration, and service administration.
- Server management and performance reporting best practices
- SCCM configuration management tool. Microsoft systems administration best practices
- Active Directory operations. Microsoft certificate services, PKI
- Deploying and managing servers within a hybrid cloud ecosystem
- PowerShell scripting
- Strong Virtualisation skills utilising VMware and migrating servers from a Physical to Virtual environments
- Experience with Clustering, SAN Storage, TCP/IP Routing and Shell scripting.
Elevation Business Support is a specialist division of Elevation Recruitment Group focusing on Administration positions in Yorkshire and surrounding regions. If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would love to hear from you.
-Business Support Jobs or Business Support Recruitment
28 days ago
only 4 hours until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
18 days ago
only 10 days until close