9 months ago
Worcester (WR3 8SB)
Senior Purchaser required to join a fast growing design and engineering company specialising in the automotive industry based in the Worcester area. As the successful purchasing manager you will be tasked with managing all ordering for the final assemblies. This includes aluminium extrusions, plastic moulded parts, aluminium and steel castings and various raw materials for in house machining.
Successful applicants, ideally must have an automotive or manufacturing background with experience in purchasing extrusion
• Permanent position
• £25,000 - £30,000 depending upon experience
• On-site parking
• Group Life Scheme
• Managing multiple level commodities from made in house raw materials to complete assemblies purchased.
• Managing lead times and stock volumes to meet customer schedules.
• Understanding of extrusions including the booking of metal prices
• Source and develop new efficient suppliers to maintain business competitive edge
• Negotiate prices and contracts with suppliers in line with commercial goals
• Develop internal and external Kanban systems
• Represent the company at external supplier meetings.
• Liaise with production and accounts teams
• Overall responsibility for stores and stock control
• Develop and maintain the key Procurement KPIs
• Liaise directly with the Engineering & Quality Team to test and develop new suppliers components.
• Investigate and manage ways to standardise/minimise packaging & reusable containers to minimise waste and double handling.
• Experience purchasing extrusion, metal components, castings etc.
• Understanding of the strategic role of the Procurement function and ability to work at this level.
• Demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skill
• Must have a basic understanding of engineering/manufacturing drawing
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be fully competent in Excel and Sage line 50
• Competent in using MRP systems, ideally Sage Manufacturing
• Post holder should hold a full driving licence and be prepared to travel to meet new suppliers
• The applicant should be self-motivated
• Have an understanding of Engineering, Manufacturing, Lean Practices
• Ability to gather and analyse data and to work with figures
• Solid judgement along with decision making skills
• Awareness of TS16949 is ideal but not essential
• Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
• Commercial and Financial acumen
Please apply online and send your current CV / Cover Letter and any further documents supporting your application.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.