Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Contract Length: 12 month, fixed term contract
Salary: £25-32k per annum, dependent on experience
- Supporting our Client in the delivery of high end Finance, Planning & Accounting (FP&A) services, driving cost reduction and improvements in quality and consistency of execution of those services.
- Using automation and artificial intelligence to improve consistency, quality, effectiveness and insight from financial information over a 7 year term.
- Working across onshore and offshore delivery centres in the delivery of Shared Services (SSC) and Centre of Excellence (COE) the Associate Business Partners (ABPs) will be liaising with the Client’s Contract Delivery Management Teams and their associated Finance Business Partners to:
- Perform Record To Report (RTR) and FP&A activities for their part of the business proactively driving the preparation of outputs, provision of business insight, and challenge and scrutiny of finance outputs;
- Oversight and Issues Management of the COE and SSC service relating to their part of the business.
- Focusing on the value-add, insight driven contributions ABPs will be supported by the SSC and COE for the basic preparation activities required to support the Client’s Contract Delivery Management Teams and associated Finance Business Partners.
- Working with the wider Delivery team and the Client to drive process improvement and cross contract standardisation.
- Management reporting on a weekly, monthly & quarterly basis with commentaries
- Understand and work upon identified levers for Expense / Revenue forecasting
- Strong Excel & Analytical skills
- Variance Analysis – Budget vs Forecast vs Actual
- Conduct quantitative & qualitative analysis
- Adhoc / non-standard analysis & reporting – urgent request of financial information
- Communication skills
- Annual Budgeting – understand periodic forecasting and tracking actuals to budget
- Self starter, with an ability to catalyze collaboration across teams
- Participate in people engagement initiatives within the team
- Good working knowledge of Accounting basics with an ability to interpret financial results
- Contribute to development of knowledge base and escalate unresolved process issues
- Challenge status quo and contribute to continuous improvements
- Service delivery while meeting all Infosec assertions and SLA / Deal Maturity targets
- Effective interactions with client SMEs / Understand all key business metrics
- 4-6 years experience, preferably in analytics/planning/forecasting/team management
- Minimum - Bachelor's Degree in Commerce or Business Administration
- Preferred - MBA/PGDBM (Finance)
- Preferred - Conversant with Lean/Continuous improvement
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 30/09/2017
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.