6 months ago
Senior Finance Manager (Workington/Ulverston or Carlisle - Options to work flexibly)Salary: £60,000 per annum + excellent benefits
Our client is an Ofsted 'Outstanding' training organisation, providing high quality further education across their training sites in Cumbria.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit a Senior Finance Manager to lead the Finance Team and partner the Managing Director. The successful candidate will join the Management Team and provide financial information and advice to improve the effectiveness and profitability of the organisation.
• Partner the Managing Director to provide financial forecasting and to substantiate new business opportunities and measure/report on existing business initiatives.
• Identify and report on metrics that underpin business performance and create forward looking insights.
• Manage the day-to-day running of the finance function.
• Oversight and management of major sales contracts.
• Annual budgeting and monthly rolling forecasting (revenue, opex and capex).
• Prepare accounts and supporting pack for annual audit.
• Liaising with 3rd parties - customers, professional services (including lawyers, auditors).
• Finance support and guidance for sister company (some UK based travel expected) and consolidation of management accounts for submission to Group.
• Overseeing HMRC requirements - including VAT return, P11d etc.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
• Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
• Experience of working within public sector and/or educational funding.
• Demonstrable knowledge of the O2C and P2P processes.
• Experience in accounting systems (Sage 50 and 200).
• Extensive knowledge of profit and loss accounting.
• Highly numerate with exceptional attention to detail.
• Team management in a finance function.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.