4 months ago
A Senior Electronics Engineer is required by our client based in Cambridgeshire. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced electronics engineer to join their team of engineers developing new solutions within the automotive and motorsport sector. This is an ideal role for an engineer who enjoys hands-on digital and analogue hardware development. The role also demands someone who can communicate well at all levels within the company and who can manage their own time as well as organise a team to come to a technical solution.
• Development of electronics hardware for automotive and motorsport applications
• Work with Technical Manager and key project stakeholders to undertake project requirements
• Requirements capture, analysis, design, schematic capture, development.
• Design verification and validation testing
Skills, Qualifications & Attributes:
• Degree qualified with a bias towards electrical and electronic engineering
• Analogue or Digital electronics design experience
• Appreciation of best practice engineering processes
• Able to clearly formulate and communicate complex design concepts
• Able to work effectively in a team environment
• A proactive approach to developing new ideas and solutions
• Solid oral and written communication skills in English
• High level of EMC/RFI design and test experience
Analogue and Digital Electronics Experience:
• Microprocessors and high speed digital design.
• Switch mode power supply design
• Serial interfaces: I2C, SPI, UART
• Automotive interfaces: CAN, LIN, FLEXRAY
• Amplifiers, filters
• Sensor signal conditioning.
• Micro-controller interfacing.
• Ethernet interfacing.
• Knowledge of Triac/SCRs, IGBTs & FET
• Power supply design
• DC Motor control
• Actuator drives.
• Circuit simulation & design tolerance analysis
• Circuit electrical and thermal rating analysis
• Design for high volume manufacture
• Robust design including FMEA techniques.
• Knowledge and experience of programmable hardware design and verification of Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) based designs using a Hardware Description Language (HDL), specifically VHDL.
If you have the skills and experience for this role, looking to join a well-established and growing business and would like to apply, please submit your CV. For further information please contact Anna on.
Do you have experience required for the role?
Have you worked in a similar role previously?
9 days ago
only 19 days until close