about 1 year ago
Senior Consultant - Financial Planning - Welwyn, Herts
Salary: Highly Competitive depending on experience - plus benefits
Our Client provides a comprehensive financial planning and discretionary management service to clients. They provide investment advice, pension and protection planning to both corporate and individual clients. They also offer a discretionary investment management service where they manage investments for clients.
They have an experienced team from a range of professional backgrounds. They are passionate about client service and have a structured approach in ensuring they regularly communicate with clients so that financial planning remains a priority. They work closely with many financial institutions to provide innovative solutions, which will add value to their clients.
Our Client is seeking to recruit a senior consultant who has substantial experience with high net worth clients. The consultant will be used to working in a fee charging practice and would have consistently achieved high levels of new business fees, ideally £200,000 plus per year during the past 3 years
The consultants will be targeted with new business, the development of business introducers as well as moving clients into the Discretionary Service.
They will need to be experienced in all areas of financial planning and have the objective of becoming Chartered within 2 years.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Looking after and developing their portfolio of clients on a fee basis.
• Seek and develop new external business opportunities.
• Provide technical support for the business, as required.
• Taking workshops when required.
The candidate should be reasonably experienced in all areas of financial planning covering investments, pensions, protection planning and corporate financial planning.. The candidate should have a reasonable understanding of portfolio construction and asset allocation, although this responsibility will lie with the Birchwood Investment Committee. The candidate should be experienced in obtaining business from professionals.
The required attributes can be summarised as follows:
• An ability to meet clients' expectations and provide them with a regular comprehensive level of service along with the ability to develop new business.
• Hardworking and prepared to go the `the extra mile` to ensure that work is done on time and at a high standard.
• High attention to detail.
• Comfortable preparing letters and reports.
• Able to work under pressure to meet specific targets and deadlines.
• Possesses a team ethic and prepared to assist others.
• Well-spoken and confident dealing with a wide range of individuals including clients and other professionals.
• Prepared to learn and invest time to maximize their potential.
This is a challenging job where we will provide the successful candidate with every opportunity to develop their career in our forward thinking company.
Experienced Financial Planning Consultants with a proven track record in working with High Net Worth individuals and consistently generating high fee levels should apply by sending an up to date CV as soon as possible as the Client is looking to recruit as soon as possible
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.