about 1 month ago
This role would typically suit someone who is looking to work 18 hours a week, ideally Fridays 8-6 and Saturdays 8.30-4.30.
In the future there may be some flexibility around working Saturdays.
You need to be flexible around covering holidays with your colleagues as this is a small team. You will be someone who has a genuine reason for wanting to work part time hours. They are seeking someone who has excellent customer service skills and is happy working on their own. You need to be extremely reliable and have good attention to detail.
This is a responsible role helping customers with their storage needs, from small business owners to residential people. You need to be sensitive to customers' needs as to why they need storage facilities. You need to be fit and active and interested in helping people. Some degree of IT literacy as handling web enquiries, emails and updating company information using basic excel skills. Greeting customers face-to-face and assisting with storage facilities and deliveries (no heavy lifting). Open and close the storage facilities daily and set alarms.
- Open and close self-store facilities including setting and unsetting alarms and key-holding responsibilities.
- Respond to self-storage enquiries on the telephone and on email.
- Record effectiveness of enquiry leads.
- Give advice to customers, face-to-face, on self-storage and present units for potential customers to view.
- Book in new self-storage customers including drawing up agreements, gaining signatures, taking payments and activating customer access codes.
- Train new customers on use of shutter access doors and goods lift.
- Take customer notice periods.
- Manage packaging sales.
- Use company Self Store software systems and processes to record all transactions.
- Equipment checks ensuring all aspects of customer-facing areas are working and clean.
- Cleaning units once customers move out.
After a training period, you will work on your own. This is a responsible role and you will be a key-holder to the business. Despite working alone, you will take part in regular team meetings and support will always be available to you on the end of the phone whilst working. Along with your main duties, you will also be expected to carry out any other duties that are reasonably asked of you by the company.
During your employment, it is expected that you deliver the following key skills consistently:
- Customer Focus
- Organisational Skills
You will be IT literate and able to use their software system (after training). You will be customer-focused and able to build rapport easily; You will be organised, trustworthy, flexible and reliable.
£9 during probation period going to £9.50 thereafter. Bonus scheme also in place.