8 months ago
Schools Procurement and Business Specialist
• Location: Cumbria/North West Region, England
• Salary: Up to £38,000 + car allowance
• Working hours: Full time
• Reporting to: The Regional Procurement Manager
As an organisation our client works on behalf of their customers throughout the UK to secure financial savings on their day-to-day costs - enabling them to use that money where it matters most. Their highest priority is focusing on achieving savings, adding value and to provide excellent customer service to all customers.
What does our client want from a Schools Procurement and Business Specialist?
The Schools Procurement and Business Specialist will contribute to the development of our clients relationship with their Partners and Clients in the education sector as well as supporting their clients across the church, charity and business sectors.
Based from home, the role will support the procurement strategy for the Company’s regional commercial services, to support schools in the North West as well as engagement with the Company’s clients in the North
Responsibilities will include:
• Support the Regional Procurement Manager as a key point of contact for the Company's procurement strategy.
• Provide relationship management support to schools on an account management basis.
• Arrange and undertake school visits.
• Support the wider Procurement team as a key point of contact.
• Engage with clients to build and maintain good working relationships.
• Provide support to schools to develop improved financial strategies.
• Help facilitate the purchasing health check process and spend analysis reviews. A purchasing health check is an audit of school expenditure to determine existing contracts and suppliers and where improvements can be recommended.
• Attend business reviews with clients to ensure they are satisfied with their services.
• Assist with the delivery and development of procurement training sessions.
• Updating the Company's CRM data base and ensuring managers are aware of client's feedback.
• Escalating and resolving areas of concern as raised by schools.
• Achieving targets and KPI's as set by the Regional Procurement Manager.
• Involved with ad hoc project work.
Other skills they are looking for:
As a member of the Procurement Team you will need to have a good commercial awareness, excellent communication and relationship management skills with an ability to work as part of a team as well as on an individual level. This means that a Schools Procurement and Business Specialist needs the following to work effectively:
• Experience of working within a School Business Professional environment.
• Experience of managing School finances and budgeting process.
• Ability to provide high quality progress reports as well as presentations.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships to support the delivery of change.
• A Knowledge and understanding of EU/OJEU procurement legislation and contract law is desirable
• Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
• Commercially astute with proven track record of delivering cost savings and added value.
• Be a strategic thinker with an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills.
• A valid driver licence and flexibility to work across the North West region
• The ability to work from home.
• Travel will be required to our clients head office periodically (Bridgend).
What our client can offer you:
In addition to a competitive salary our client are offering the opportunity to work for a company that is experiencing a period of exciting growth. You will also get;
• 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
• Opportunities for further professional development
• 3 days paid mission leave per annum to support a charity of your choice
• Other benefits
Want to know more?
Please click the apply button in order to send your CV / Cover Letter and any further documents supporting your application.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.