Cathedral Appointments is recruiting a full-time receptionist for a prestigious Exeter city centre based education setting to ensure the smooth running of this busy, client facing front of house reception role.
You will be responsible for meeting and greeting all visitors, ensuring a warm and friendly welcome at all times and an efficient service both face to face and over the phone. Whilst you are based front of house on the main reception, this is a team role and the successful candidate will demonstrate a willing and flexible attitude, and will have great reception and administrative skills in order to provide strong admin support.
This role offers a work pattern of 8.00 am to 17.30 pm during term time and reduced hours of 9.00 am to 12.00 pm during school holidays. Annual leave entitlement is 5 weeks per year, one week to be taken at Christmas and the remaining 4 weeks to be taken during school holidays.
Responsibilities will include:
· Manage the main switchboard, dealing with all incoming calls and messages promptly and efficiently
· Provide a welcoming reception to all visitors, ensure reception is well maintained
· Operate the door security system. sign in visitors where appropriate and issue ID badges
· Distribute incoming post
· Record lost property
· Manage the sale and distribution of event tickets
· Manage the office email account, distributing mail and checking spam mail
· Provide as admin support to the PA and Support team
· Preparing correspondence and report as directed
· Support the PA in the administration of events and awards ceremonies
We are seeking a confident communicator, and real ‘people person’ who thrives in a role where they are an ambassador for the organisation, and who prides themselves on ensuring people receive a warm and professional reception. To be considered for this role you will have recent previous administration experience, great keyboard and IT skills including MS Office Word and Excel, and be well presented and articulate. Previous experience or a background in reception and customer facing work will be advantageous.
Due to the needs of the business it is not possible for the working hours to be flexible, so this is a full-time role, and the finish time of 17.30 pm each day is an essential requirement. There may be a little flexibility on the start time or school holiday hours however this is not guaranteed, so the working hours must be suitable to you on a long-term basis.
If you have the skills and experience stated, and can commit to the work pattern as stated, then we would love to hear from you.
Key Words: reception, receptionist, school receptionist, school administrator, front of house, term time working, jobs in Exeter, full time job