about 1 month ago
VSM Abrasives Limited is the UK subsidiary of a German plc selling a wide variety of Abrasive products through Distributors and direct to End Users. Stock is manufactured in Germany and supplied from a third party UK warehouse. We are now looking for a Sales Administrator to join our friendly team in Milton Keynes.
You will be part of a small team in a modern open plan environment responsible for the efficient handling of sales orders and helping to improve the productivity of Area Sales Managers by dealing with customer queries and fielding calls. This key position contributes to the quality of customer service and the achievement of sales targets.
Key requirements are a desire to engage with customers, resolve both customer and colleague’s queries properly, an attention to detail, good organisational skills and flexibility. Product training will be provided and there will be the occasional need to travel to customers and our parent company in Germany.
For the right candidate it will be possible to develop and progress to an external sales role, typically after a couple of years. This is dependent on the ability to learn technical product knowledge and build customer relationships.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process customer orders received by email and phone promptly and accurately
- Provide support for the Area Sales Manager(ASM) as and when required
- Produce customer quotations via Area Sales Managers
- Produce regular management information such as weekly sales figures for the MD and ASM.
- Resolve customer queries e.g. on price, quantity
- Process customer complaints, liaise with ASM and/or production to resolve and implement solution.
- Assist Finance Manager with queries to ensure minimal or zero slippage in customer payment
- Assist with holiday cover for colleagues to include stock administration e.g. stock receipts and despatches
- Co-ordination of Marketing Literature
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Two years prior experience in a customer service team
- Computer skills to include intermediate Email, Excel and word
- Knowledge of an integrated ERP for order and stock processing
- Strong written and oral communication skills, able to articulate information clearly and concisely.
- Experience resolving queries promptly and understand the route cause.
- Implementing and managing price increases
- The ability to be flexible and work independently.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding timings and challenges of a manufacturing Supply line
- Hands-on with the desire to understand our products and customers
As our Sales Administrator, you’ll enjoy these perks:
- Competitive salary ranging between £19,000 to £22,000 dependent on experience
- Holiday 4 weeks plus bank holidays
- Company pension and Life Insurance
- Free parking provided
The closing date for applications is 26th March 2020
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button!
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
LOCATION: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
HOURS: Full Time M-T 8.30am to 5.15pm (30 minutes lunch) F 8.30am to 1pm
SALARY: £19,000 to £21,000 dependent on skills and experience
JOB TITLE: Sales Administrator
26 days ago
only 1 day until close