3 months ago
Risk Officer - Guildford
Salary up to £65K DOE
My client in Guildford is look for a Risk Officer to join the team.
Educated to degree level or equivalent. Previous experience of developing and implementing a risk management framework, preferably in a financial services organisation. Proven understanding of risk management methodologies. Understanding of regulatory regime for financial services in the UK.
Professional certification in compliance, risk management or internal audit. Understanding of the regulatory regime for RIEs. Experience of translating risk management requirements into practical guidance for colleagues. Experience of presenting to Boards and executive teams
Skills (acquired by training or experience)
Ability to apply risk management methodologies in a practical manner. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to challenge colleagues and be persuasive in a collaborative and positive manner. Ability to balance multiple priorities, demonstrating good organisational skills in order to meet deadlines. Ability to manage resources in order to maximise results. Ability to provide timely, concise, audience appropriate information, both orally and in writing. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Reporting to the Head of Compliance and Legal, the Risk Officer is responsible for all aspects of the organisation's risk function, including the implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks to senior management and to the companies Audit and Risk Committee (`ARC`) and Board. This will involve working closely with all departments to assist them in identifying and documenting their risks and mitigating actions. It will also involve working with the Executive Committee to identify and develop the reports and information they require in order to identify and manage the key risks faced by the business and also working closely with the Chairman to identify and develop the reports and information they require to enable them to understand companies risk profile and challenge the executive in the management of the key risk faced by the business.
The role will also require the Risk Officer to enhance, develop, implement and maintain key compliance policies and procedures and develop and implement procedures to monitor compliance with them.
• Enhance, develop, maintain and promote company ERMF, ensuring it is and remains appropriate for the size, nature and complexity of companies business, both now and as it develops.
• Assist company business heads in identifying, documenting and keeping under review current and emerging risks and developing action plans to mitigate the risk of any that fall outside risk appetite.
• Assist in the development and monitoring of key risk indicators and key control indicators to determine elevations in risk and proactively implement risk mitigation measures.
• Identify risk trends and emerging risks impacting company through the collation, analysis and reporting on internal and external risk data.
• Perform control testing of the design and operation of key operational controls to provide confidence in the effectiveness of the company risk framework.
• Perform risk reviews and investigations, as required.
• Perform the testing of controls within the business to ensure they perform as designed to mitigate the related risk.
• Prepare risk analyses and reports for different audiences, including the company Executive Committee and the ARC.
• Conduct operational risk training as required.
• Assist the Chief Financial Officer with the preparation of companies annual Financial Resources Requirement submission to the FCA.
• Manage the incident reporting process ensuring Head of Compliance and Legal and business awareness of regulatory breaches, and supporting the business in resolving incidents
• Develop, challenge, implement and maintain key compliance policies and procedures and develop and implement procedures to monitor compliance with them.
• Keep up to date by attending training events and subscribing to industry feeds and knowledge bases.
• Support and deputise for the Head of Compliance and Legal as required.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
28 days ago
only 4 hours until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
15 days ago
only 13 days until close