6 months ago
LOCATION: Havant, Hampshire
JOB TITLE: Revenues Inspector
SALARY: £19,000pa with lease car plus great benefits
WORKING HOURS: Full time 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
- Excellent working environment
- Pension scheme
- Lease car with mileage allowance
- Free car parking at the Council offices
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 27 days after five years
THE COMPANY: Our client is the leading professional support service organisation in the country and they are now recruiting a Revenues Inspector in the Havant Borough Council area. If you are an organised individual with excellent communication skills and a good knowledge of the Havant area then this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
THE ROLE: The Revenues Inspector role will spend most of their time (approximately 80%) visiting premises in the Havant area. When working in the office the office location is at the Civic Centre, Havant.
Key Responsibilities for the Revenues Inspector:-
- Inspection of empty domestic and non-domestic properties and all relevant planning permissions with regard to the collection of Council Tax and business rates.
- Obtaining all relevant information in respect of new housing and business developments
- To serve completion notices in accordance with the Regulations.
- Liaising with agents, landlords, residents, the Valuation Office and all stakeholders to obtain relevant information
- Liaising with all Council departments to provide a joined up service on behalf of the Council
- To make visits in accordance with adhoc requests, including applications for disabled relief.
*Please note this is not an extensive list of your potential day to day duties*
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate for the Revenues Inspector role will be highly punctual, capable of working independently and to tight deadlines and will have good knowledge of the Havant area as well as a Full Valid Driving Licence. Full training will be given but key attributes required include:
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Flexible confident and highly organised
- Commitment to a high quality service
- Good general ability in the use of computers
- Good local knowledge of the Havant area
- Full driving licence
Please note, to be considered for this role all candidates must undergo a financial probity check and a basic disclosure criminal check.
Does this sound like you? Are you the new Revenues Inspector our client is looking for? If Yes hit the apply button now.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.