12 months ago
Researcher - Investment Funds - Haddenham, Buckinghamshire
Salary: Circa £20 - £28k Depending on Experience - Plus a Generous Benefits Package
Permanent & Fixed Term Contract Position Available.
Commutable from Thame, Aylesbury, High Wycombe, Tring, Bicester, Abingdon, Oxford, Milton Keynes etc.
Our client is a financial information business, helping financial institutions, financial advisers and consumers make better informed decisions. They are a respected, data-driven software provider who pride themselves on delivering robust, well supported tools and applications to their customers. They are based in Haddenham (near Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire) and are a great place to work - plus some great reviews on Glassdoor!
The data collected and managed by their Funds & DFMs research team is used by the majority of the UK adviser market to aid with client recommendations, to power industry leading ratings and used by some of the largest names in the industry to provide instant and unbiased market and competitor intelligence.
They are currently looking for a dedicated, diligent and enthusiastic individual with a good knowledge of investment funds and how they link to pension & Investment products to join this team of specialist Researchers.
They are also looking for someone with an interest in investment funds and the ability to learn quickly, to join the team on a 12-month fixed term contract starting in September 2019, to cover maternity leave. There may be the possibility of a permanent role after this, dependent upon the future growth of the business in this area.
The role of Researcher primarily involves:
• Researching Fund information using the internet, industry press, Fund Manager literature and telephone;
• Building effective relationships with Fund Management firms to facilitate the acquisition of accurate and up-to-date information;
• Understanding and interpreting Fund and DFM information, identifying differences from currently held data and updating the database with new information, in a timely manner and to a high level of accuracy.
To be successful in the role, you'll need the ability to interpret information, problem solve and think analytically, together with fast and accurate data input and audit skills. You'll also need to be a proactive team player with an inquisitive, methodical approach to your work and a keen eye for detail.
In return, our client can offer a salary of £20-25k for someone without specialist investment fund knowledge. For someone with good fund knowledge and experience they can consider salaries up to £28k.
You'll also benefit from:
• Working alongside expert colleagues
• Flexible working environment
• Support to pursue professional qualifications
• 5 weeks' holiday (plus the option to buy more)
• Generous pension scheme (with an employer contribution of up to 10%)
• Life, critical illness, private medical and dental insurances
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Contributions towards gym/sports club membership, plus lunchtime Yoga and running clubs
• Social, sporting and charity support activities throughout the year
• Free parking, plus showers and a bike shelter to support cycling to work
• Free tea/coffee/squash/fruit in the kitchens
Please apply with your CV. Our client requires candidates to complete a short questionnaire as part of the application process. This will be sent back to you once you apply.
Please only apply if you match the criteria outlined.
Candidates must already have full rights to work in the UK. VISA sponsorship is not available.
Key Words: Researcher, Research, Investment Funds, Fund Research, Financial Research, Investment Research, DFM, Pension, Investment, Fund Management Research, Data Research, Data Analysis, Analytical, Data Input.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.