about 1 year ago
Remote: Customer Service Representative
We're looking for detail-oriented, empathetic problem solvers to join our clients remote Customer Operations (COps) team.
Our client is building a new kind of bank. One that lives in your smartphone and helps you take control of your money. They are on a mission to make money work for everyone and to do this they need to grow their amazing customer support team to make sure every customer gets access to 24/7 customer support through their app and on the phone.
COps are the heart of our client
You'll be the first point of contact for any of their users who have questions, problems, feedback and compliments! COps are the face of our client and the main way customers communicate with them.
Our client want to delight their our customers in any way possible. It can be something small like wishing someone a happy birthday. Or something bigger, like cycling a new bank card over to someone who needs it urgently.
What will you be doing day-to-day?
• Providing the best customer support by talking directly and honestly with customers, and developing a deep understanding of what our clients community really wants from a digital bank.
• Proactively spotting patterns in the frustrations or hopes of customers, seeing where they can change their processes, tools or product to make them happier.
• Identifying customers who are in vulnerable situations and helping to figure out what steps our client can take to support them.
• Working closely with the financial crime team to act as the first line of defence to help spot and investigate trends. Whilst investigating and making decisions about payments made on stolen cards, as well as looking into scam websites.
• Dealing with tricky payments-related queries; investigating missing transfers and Direct Debits, helping manage the customers who are switching to our client.
• Understanding, prioritising and escalating customers' feedback and feature requests to the external product team (who build our clients app). Plus, being the first port of call for customer complaints to make sure that they're treated fairly and can share their thoughts and concerns.
• Supporting other members in the customer support team by being a point of escalation for other COps and mentoring new joiners. Plus making sure the rest of the company stays customer-focused and fixated on building the best bank account in the world.
After you're fully comfortable helping the customers, you'll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge in the various other areas of the Customer Operations team. This could range from helping out on Social media to spending time with the Financial Crime specialists!
Your working life
The salary for this role is up to £22,750 a year (£11p/h) plus an allowance per year for working varying hours. All team members also get share options as part of their package
You’ll be working on an ‘open availability’ contract basis, to make sure they are always there to help and allow 24/7 customer support chat through their app. Your shift pattern will change on a weekly basis, starting no earlier than 6am and finishing no later than 10pm.
You should apply if you:
• care deeply about delighting their customers
• are a UK resident (live in the UK for at least 6 months of the year)
• have the right to work in the UK
• are comfortable using a laptop
• are over 18 years old
• you haven't applied and been unsuccessful within the last 6 months
To work from home, you'll also need:
• a quiet and private home working space
• a solid internet connection (download speed - 10mbps; upload speed -3 mbps)
The interview and on-boarding process
Your answers to the application questions are really important to our client, so please take your time on these. Once you've submitted your application, they'll review along with your CV (there is no need to submit a Cover Letter, please use this time to answer the application questions instead). If you're successful,they’ll send you a take-home task, and if you ace that they’ll invite you for a half-day assessment centre (these run every few weeks). At the assessment centre you’ll have some one-on-one interviews and a collaborative task with a small group of other candidates. If all goes well, you'll join our clients small but growing team on a mission to make money work for everyone!
Our client is recruiting now for roles to start over the rest of the year, so even if you're not available to start until later in the year - please still apply!
You'll spend your first two weeks in training (Monday-Friday) between 09:00-18:00, and we'll give you all the tools and training you need. You need to be available full time in Cardiff for the first week, but we can be a bit more flexible to fit your circumstances in the second week, if you've got caring or studying commitments for example. Please let us know if you'd need any adjustments to make this work.