Receptionist/Admin Assistant – £21,000 p/a (salary review BOP after one year) – London, UK
ICON College requires a motivated and capable Receptionist/Admin Assistant for an immediate start. You will be responsible for providing reception and administrative support to prospective/existing students and all stakeholders of the College on day to day basis. This will require you to maintain a current knowledge of appropriate college policies, processes and procedures to assure efficiency and integrity of the office. This is an exciting opportunity to join a first-rate educational institution.
The key responsibilities of a Receptionist/Admin Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Performing general reception duties: receiving telephone calls with professional etiquette and direct them to appropriate colleagues, answering all incoming calls quickly and effectively
- Providing excellent customer service by handling customer problems or enquiries to find the best solution
- Answering Intercom and opening the main doors for student/staff entrance to the building
- Dealing with students face-to-face and directing them to relevant colleagues; and dealing with student queries and assisting them with documentation
- Welcoming and greeting all visitors, providing visitor passes and keeping records of visits
- Managing photocopying paper, envelopes and other office supplies from the Store Room
- Implementing the disability access scheme by providing car park and lift usage for students who have necessary approval for the same
- Recording all incoming calls and e-mails of students when they are not well enough to attend class on the day and pass it to the relevant colleague(s)
- Updating student records into ICTM (personal records, contact details etc.)
- Performing any other duties as determined by the college management
ICON College of Technology and Management is a modern, friendly and dynamic independent college for Higher Education in the heart of London. We offer a wide range of academic courses leading to internationally recognised accredited British qualifications in Computing, Business, Travel & Tourism, Hospitality Management and Healthcare.
The key skills and qualities of a Receptionist/Admin Assistant:
- General reception and administration experience in a customer-focused industry; experience of working in a school desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with interpersonal skills, able to establish and maintain good professional relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues
- Strong organisational and prioritising skills, capable of working independently, showing initiative and prioritising tasks, working positively under pressure
- Competent in the use of ICT, demonstrating good literacy and numeracy skills
- A good team player with a happy disposition and a flexible, industrious attitude, willing to do occasional work outside core hours and uphold ICON College’s ethos and aims
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.