Receptionist – £16,000 to £18,000 DOE – Edgbaston, Birmingham
We are looking for an organised and capable Receptionist to provide reception and administrative support to Hallfield Schools’ key stakeholders and setting high standards of punctuality, dress, organisation, firmness and fairness. The successful candidate will also demonstrate an understanding of, acceptance and commitment to the principles underlying equal opportunities. This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a fresh challenge in a first-rate educational institution.
Some of the key responsibilities of a Receptionist include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as the first point of contact for the school, welcoming visitors and responding to telephone and email enquiries in a helpful and constructive manner and ensuring that appropriate actions are taken in a timely manner
- Ensuring the safety and security of the school at all times, making sure that the front door is locked and entry to the premises is controlled
- Monitoring the school email account, responding to enquiries or forwarding messages to the correct recipient as required
- Communicating with parents regarding all aspects of school life, receiving and passing on information between parents and teachers, including reasons of child absence
- Assisting with all admissions related tasks, including preparations for and assistance with Open Days, taking calls and recording details of enquiries from prospective new families
- Maintaining and updating school information, records and management information systems
- Any other duties as reasonably required from you
Hallfield School is a flourishing co-educational independent day school in the leafy outskirts of Edgbaston. Founded in 1879, Hallfield School offers a stimulating and challenging curriculum for youngsters to enable them to grow, develop and learn in a happy, secure and purposeful environment.
We welcome children from three months to eleven years old to a top-class education within our stunning 20-acre site where success is showcased in the classroom, on the sports fields and in the school hall every single day. Our children leave Hallfield ready to take the next steps in their exciting educational adventure, taking with them strong friendships, personal achievements and an excellent foundation for life-long learning.
The key skills and qualities of a Receptionist:
- General reception and administration experience in a customer-focused industry; experience of working in a school desirable
- GCSE English and Maths C or above (or equivalent); customer service qualifications, evidence of recent safeguarding training and/or current paediatric First Aid certificate desirable
- Effective verbal and written communication skills coupled with interpersonal skills, able to establish and maintain good professional relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, capable of working independently, showing initiative and prioritising tasks, working positively under pressure
- Competent in the use of ICT, demonstrating good literacy and numeracy skills
- A good team player with a happy disposition and a flexible, industrious attitude, willing to do occasional work outside core hours and uphold Hallfield’s ethos and aims
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.