We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Manager to lead, develop and improve our clients purchasing team in Basingstoke.
Our client produces high-tech satellite ground stations and high performance bespoke machines and they have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and dependable Purchasing Manager to lead, develop and improve their growing purchasing team.
As Purchasing Manager you will implement, maintain and develop scalable purchasing systems resulting in improved efficiency, output and quality and will be responsible for the following:
- Deliver all components and services required by the production department
- Communicate with and influence other department managers to ensure that the needs of the purchasing team are met and the required output is delivered on time, cost and quality
- Lead, manage and organise a team of buyers in a manufacturing purchasing environment
- Receive input from engineering, production and service departments; organise, prioritise, delegate, coordinate and monitor purchasing requirements and source parts on time and on cost
- Engage with other departments to ensure inputs to the purchasing process are available when needed by the team
- Drive cultural and efficiency improvements within the purchasing team
- Build and develop the purchasing team alongside continued growth of the business and increase in purchasing throughput
- Introduce improved procurement process and practices including improved usage of MRP systems
As Purchasing Manager you must have experience working and / or managing within a technical manufacturing purchasing environment and will be:
- Driven and prepared to take ownership of the performance of the whole team
- Have a proven track record developed with years of experience working in a senior role within a purchasing team and be able to implement improvements in a growing business
- Have a desire to improve the operation and performance of the business
- Be quality focussed
- Drive continuous improvement and culture change
- Be meticulous and have good attention to details
- Be able to manage risk and plan accordingly
- Solve problems internal to the purchasing department and external problems that affect the purchasing department
- CIPS training and / or a sound understanding of engineering and manufacturing would be advantageous
As Purchasing Manager you will receive:
- Basic salary of £35,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience
- Strong individual performance will be rewarded with growth of the position
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Purchasing, Manager, Procurement, Manufacturing, Production, Purchasing Manager