Purchasing Manager to lead small team and join a leading supplier of branded, customised and personalised sports team wear and sports equipment into the education and sports markets.
SALARY: £40,000 to £45,000 + Company Bonus 5%
BENEFITS: 25 Days Holiday Plus Stats + Group Pension
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Walsall, Telford, Wolverhampton, West Bromwich, Coventry, Birmingham
JOB SPECIFICATION: Purchasing Manager
As the Purchasing Manager, it is important you:
· Have strong hands on leadership skills, are able to motivate and inspire team members but also questioning the status quo in challenging others to improve processes and systems.
· Have demonstrated ability of working with MRP systems, SAP experience would be highly advantageous.
· Are prepared to role your sleeves up and work over and beyond the call of duty when the business and customer demands require this.
Job Responsibilities – Purchasing Manager
· To effectively manage the Procurement Team of 5. To manage our relationships with suppliers and thereby minimise product costs whilst maximising our performance for customers.
· To minimise stock holdings and maximise stock turn. To maintain our product file and work with the marketing team to ensure our product offering matches our customer needs.
· You will also lead all purchasing relationships and issues across the group businesses, as well as coordinate stock control at our main apparel warehouse.
REQUIREMENTS: Purchasing Manager
We are interested in receiving applications from experienced Purchasing Managers or Head Buyers who meet any of the following criteria:
Have worked within a similar, sales led, or Catalogue type organisation where multiple SKU’s and products are purchased globally. We need candidates that can create and drive purchasing processes with a strategic vision (utilising SAP) for our business and adopt a Category Management process across the group.
Additional Duties: Purchasing Manager
· Oversee the ordering Process for all goods and services, through a coherent purchasing process and in line with the agreed Inventory Plan, You will:
· Oversee and finalising details of all orders and deliveries.
· Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness OTIF.
· Complete these tasks through effective management of the Purchasing Team.
· Collaborate with key people, internally and externally, to ensure the clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
· Negotiate with external vendors to secure the most advantageous terms on a global basis.
· Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients.
· Anticipate un-favourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
· Devise and employ effective sourcing strategies to enable future growth
Part of a privately-owned global Group, we are one of the UK’s leading suppliers of branded, bespoke embroidered and personalised sports team wear (which includes all the leading sports brands) to the educational sector (schools & universities/colleges) and major grass roots sports clubs across the UK.
We are an established leader within this market with significant growth opportunities also opening up across other grass roots sports. As an example of the market potential, one large grass roots football club alone has over 100 teams, made up of over 1,000 players, with each player requiring customised and personalised sportswear.
Due to a recent, significant strategic initiative and restructure, we wish to recruit a Purchasing Manager to take complete responsibility for managing the smooth transfer of goods and materials to and from our central UK, Group warehousing operation in Shrewsbury.
This is your chance to help restructure and grow a business and take a real Leadership role.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Buyer, Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager, Head of Buying, within Sports equipment, Educational Supplies, Clothing, Apparel, Consumables.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Lyons quoting Purchasing Manager and reference IL15113 to DD: +Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.