We have an excellent opportunity for a Purchasing Assistant within this superb manufacturer in Rotherham.
Our client is a British manufacturer founded in 1984 and they create solutions to meet the challenges of integrating power and media access for people working in offices. They have a total product range of underfloor busbar, floor boxes, desk power and data modules, CPU supports, monitor arms, cable management solutions and wireless lighting controls designed and developed to provide installations that are quick, easy and adaptable for contractor, client and end user.
As Purchasing Assistant, you will:
• Assist in sourcing products and services from appropriate, cost effective and high performing suppliers.
• Obtaining value for money whilst building and maintaining effective relationships with key suppliers.
Key Responsibilities as Purchasing Assistant
• Purchase items for production plans using the company MRP System (Madics).
• Requesting quotations & raising purchase orders.
• Convert site requisitions into electronic purchase orders.
• Negotiate delivery commitments from suppliers for the production requirements.
• Manage lead times and overdue purchase orders efficiently, whilst maintaining communication with all relevant departments.
• Co-operate with other departments like Technical, Sales and Finance on day to day basis to allow for smooth running of the business.
• Maintain accurate records against specific suppliers, cost changes and input of purchase and supplier related data.
• Actively contribute and support continuous improvement methods and activities.
• Comply with all company procedures & ensure compliance from team members.
• Ensure H&S, & Environmental procedures & authorisations are adhered to.
• All other responsibilities as assigned, including general admin duties.
• Travel to other sites within the group or sub-contractors will be required.
• A reasonable amount of additional (unpaid) hours will be expected during peaks of activity to ensure business objectives are met.
• Any other reasonable duties, as requested by your Manager, to meet the changing needs of the business.
The ideal candidate for the role of Purchasing Assistant will have:
• Minimum 5 GCSE A* to C including Maths & English.
• Full UK driving licence
• Strong, inter-personal skills.
• Must be highly self-motivated
• Proven ability in effectively managing assigned Tasks.
• Strong English language skills, written and spoken word.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Driven, enthusiastic and motivated
• Communicate effectively on all levels
• Must be highly organised and self-motivated.
• Cultural Awareness.
For the role of Purchasing Assistant there is a salary on offer of £19,000 to £23,000 per annum.
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Stock, purchasing, buyer,