8 months ago
JOB TITLE: Purchasing Assistant
SALARY & BENEFITS: Circa 20k Depending on experience plus 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays, pension, health care plan, bonus scheme, life assurance & Opportunities to develop a career within a growing company
WORKING HOURS: Monday-Friday 40 hours per week with a 30 minute break
We are pleased to be working with our client is one of the UK’s leading major utility infrastructure construction companies. As a family-owned business established in 2001 the company now employs over 100 staff to design and construct gas and electricity networks. With an enviable list of established blue chip clients Dragon needs dynamic and enthusiastic new team members to help continue this exciting journey.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Purchasing Assistant to a join established fast-paced team. A core element of the growing company is the purchasing and supplying of stock for use by the Operations Department to meet their clients’ deadlines.
Key Responsibilities to include:- Purchasing Assistant, Northampton, Northamptonshire
- To provide a full administration function and assistance for Purchasing/Stores Manager
- To place orders and ensure correct materials/products are ordered and acknowledged for live jobs in a timely manner. This involves fielding quotes and liaising with project managers/suppliers
- To check through acknowledgements to ensure materials, delivery addresses and delivery dates are correct
- The daily integration and collation of information from suppliers and other departments
- Dealing with outgoing/incoming telephone calls
- Supplier/client liaison
- To provide advice and assistance to other members of staff
- To help ensure good stock of materials / PPE / workwear is available to all workers as necessary
- To liaise with accounts department regarding supplier / invoice queries
- To assist in the calibration processes for test equipment
- To provide support to others when necessary and undertake general office duties
The successful candidate will be an efficient administrator with a good eye for detail together with the ability to interact with clients and suppliers. Previous purchasing experience would be beneficial however not essential. As long as you are an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who is comfortable working as part of a team and has the ability to work independently.
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the role:- Purchasing Assistant, Northampton, Northamptonshire
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- A good level of numeracy and literacy
- Good communicator, written and spoken
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Comfortable working as part of a team and have the ability to work independently
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Meticulous attention to detail
Desirable: Purchasing Assistant, Northampton, Northamptonshire
- Corporate purchasing experience
- Sage experience
- Knowledge of the utility infrastructure industry
- Health and safety awareness
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.