2 months ago
Purchase Ledger Clerk
Our client is an independent, international consulting practice which provides exploration consultancy services to the international mining industry covering all commodities apart from liquid oil and gas.
The Group employs over 1,400 professional consultants internationally and has 45 offices on 6 continents. Their client base is wide ranging but focused in the international mining sector.
Our client is located in Central Cardiff and currently employs 24 staff. They are an employee-owned company and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the private share scheme.
They currently have a position available for an organised Purchase Ledger Clerk.
Location: St Andrews Crescent, Cardiff, CF10 3DD.
Hours of Work: 24 hours plus per week. Flexible hours within business hours can be discussed.
Salary: Full time (40 hours) £19,000 : £21,000 dependant on experience. Salary calculated pro rata
As Purchase Ledger Clerk you would be responsible for the whole purchase ledger process from purchase orders through to invoices and reconciliation. You would be required to provide a professional and efficient service providing accurate information to the Project Managers and Accountant.
The following provides a guide to the main duties; however, the list is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake any further reasonable duties from time to time as may be deemed in keeping with the job designation:
• Maintaining the Purchase Ledger using SAGE Accounting Software
• Process invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders
• Ensuring that bank account reconciliations are carried out accurately and in a timely manner.
• Set up new supplier accounts and maintain exsting account details within the purchase ledger.
• Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
• Process employee expense receipts in multiple currencies
• Assisting in BACS Payment run as and when necessary
• Ensuring foreign invoices are accurately processed and supplier terms are met
• Reconciling and processing Company credit card statements
• Maintain document filing system.
• Being the first point of contact for all relevant enquiries
• Liaise with Project Managers for invoice authorisation.
• Maintaining strong relationships with customers and suppliers
• Excellent working knowledge of SAGE Line 50 Accounts package
• Excellent verbal communication skills with a good telephone manner and professional attitude.
• Highly computer literate - competence in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel
• AAT qualified or equivalent.
• Good written skills. Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure and to tight deadlines with accuracy and efficiency when required
• Ability to work without direct supervision and to prioritise workload effectively and also to work as part of a team.
• Excellent organisational skills with good attention to detail.
• Smart, business-like appearance
Please apply online and send your current CV / Cover Letter and any further documents supporting your application.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close