Our client is part of the Headlam Group, the leading distributor of floor coverings in the UK. Based in Leeds, They have a further seven sites located around the country. Their customers are independent retailers and contractors located throughout England and Wales to whom they supply flooring mostly on a next delivery service utilising their own transport fleet.
They are currently recruiting a Purchase Ledger Administrator based in Leeds to join the Finance Team and fill a current vacancy.
Key tasks of the role include:
• Matching flooring purchase invoices to goods booked into the warehouse
• Resolving invoice queries promptly as they arise
• Processing payments mostly by BACS but including some computer generated cheques all strictly to payment dates agreed with suppliers
• Reconciliation of supplier statements and the prompt resolution of queries
• Cash book matching to bank statements in a largely automated computerised system
• Assisting with the Management Accounts each month end mostly involving the updating of spreadsheets for management information
Depending on the candidate, there are a number of other tasks which may be allocated including assisting with processing representative expense claims and petty cash.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
• Educated to GCSE standard as a minimum
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work quickly and accurately
• Highly numerate
• A good understanding of Excel spreadsheets
• IT literate including Outlook emails
Salary package: £18,000 to £19,000 per annum
To apply for this Purchase Ledger Administrator role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.