6 months ago
Department: Operations - Project Delivery
Hours: 37.5hrs per week Monday - Friday
Reports to: Central Services Manager
The Project Coordinator will provide project support and co-ordination duties associated with the objectives and tasks of the Project Management team, involving working across a number of projects where appropriate.
• Assists in the scheduling of engineers in line with project SLAs and in conjunction with the Project Delivery department, Engineering Team Lead and Resource Coordinator;
• Arranges site access, site access permits as required by the project(s) and in conjunction with the project schedule and including the keeping of access logs, key logs etc as relevant;
• Materials Management: Identification of consumables and parts, placing of orders, orders tracking, co-ordination of deliveries to site;
• Coordinates and tracks tools and test equipment between field staff;
• Communicates to engineers and audits project documentation;
• Reports internally and to customers as relevant by project(s);
• Provides supporting information to engineers via email and as a point of contact for escalated access issues on site;
• Escalates engineering issues to the Project Manager as relevant;
• Additional Tasks (as relevant)
• Assists Project Manager with reporting on activities completed (KPI reporting);
• Manages simple projects including simple profit and loss statements;
• Represents the company in customer meetings/on customer conference calls in either an assisted or primary role;
• Provides a point of contact to customers and engineers;
• Financial and commercial support - signing of acceptance reports and invoicing against customer purchase orders.
• Minimum Education level: 5 GCSEs or similar to include Maths and English;
• Good PC and Microsoft Office skills especially Microsoft Excel.
• Good telephone manner and experience of dealing with difficult parties, both internal and external;
• Good geographic knowledge of UK;
• Strong communication skills;
• Good organisational skills and able to work logically;
• Good timekeeping essential;
• Able to manage own time effectively;
• Able to recognise and escalate issues and seek assistance where necessary;
• Able to work in both a team and on own initiative;
• Previous Project Coordinator experience required;
• Previous Team leader experience preferred;
• Understanding of working to deadlines and able to work under pressure to deliver on multiple fronts. The successful candidate will be required to work in a fast-moving changing project environment hence the ability to work under pressure whilst often dealing with multiple tasks is essential;
• Previous experience in the Telecoms industry would be an advantage.
• The role will be office based in Magor.
• Temp, with a view to potentially go to perm;
• 23 days annual leave, increasing to 25 days following one years service.
• Health Cash plan - following completion of probationary period
• Life Assurance at 4*annual salary - following completion of probationary period
• Sick pay
• Pension scheme
To apply for this Project Coordinator role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.