about 1 month ago
Project Accountant - Newport
£Competitive Salary + Bonus + 33 Days Holiday + Pension
The company are an industry leading high value manufacturing company with an excellent reputation for training and development and a low turnover of staff due to staff satisfaction and career progression opportunities.
This role will include some exciting finance projects and has the potential to become a pivotal financial position within the company.
Key areas of responsibility include the following:
• Support the development of the annual risk assessment and provide input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan
• Perform audits and consultative procedures including the following:
• Design work program to achieve objectives
• Conduct interviews, review documents, and prepare work papers documenting audits of key internal controls and key operational processes
• Review and analyze evidence and document processes and procedures
• Identify, develop, and document relevant audit issues and value added recommendations
• Communicate the results of projects via written reports and/or oral presentations to management
• Work with business management to develop and implement practical solutions to address audit findings
• Travel domestically and internationally, as needed.
• Must be a qualified accountant and must have worked in a big 4 accountancy practice
• Must be hard-working with a positive attitude and willingness to contribute to a team
• Candidate must be a self-starter and be able to work independently with a sense of ownership, urgency, and intellectual curiosity
• Independent and critical thinker, analytical, fast-learner and excellent eye for detail
• Excellent problem-solving and strong analytical skills with the ability to get things done
• Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
• Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment and be flexible with constant change
• Comfortable reaching out to others and working with different levels of management and groups within an organization.
• Ability to integrate operational issues and financial concepts and data into compelling plans and actions
• Considerable skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communications, including interviewing skills and presenting findings and recommendations.
• Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices.
• Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Accounting & Finance and hold a UK recognized accounting qualification. Experience working in a 'Big 4' accounting firm essential.
• Maters level degree in Accounting and Finance and experience working in an internal audit role in addition to 'big 4' experience is desirable but not essential.
Postcode - Newport South East Wales
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
28 days ago
only 2 hours until close