6 months ago
Project Accountant - Thames Valley / M4 Corridor, Berkshire
£25-35K pa permanent
We are seeking a Project Accountant who will work closely with the Finance Manager to maintain strong financial and commercial controls of a £50m Digital Business based with offices all along the M4 Corridor, supporting the Business Unit Directors.
• Integral to the ongoing transition and transformation of Digital.
• Form a key part of the Digital finance team, working hand-in hand with the Finance Manager and BU Directors to ensure actions are in place to exceed the annual business plan and drive growth.
• Ensuring compliance with Group financial policies, with specific focus on correct and complete revenue recognition.
• Monitoring performance by the use of agreed key performance indicators and ensuring that relevant KPIs are identified and driven as the business changes and grows.
• Champion the use of group systems across the division, including:• SOPS (to ensure appropriate recognition of revenue)
• PROACT / Sitelog (for effective management of chargeable resources and effective delivery of projects)
• Support the BU Directors with the monthly forecasting process, sharing good practice, and ensuring actions are put in place and driven through.
• Maximising cashflow through - completeness of income and quality billing levels, resolving debtor issues, minimising working capital and ensuring accrued income is billed as promptly as possible. Meet the cash collection, debtor days and accrued income targets for the division.
• Support the Finance Manager on ad-hoc projects as required.
• Demonstrable track record of financial or process improvement value add.
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent organisational skills
• 'Hands on' approach, prepared to drive the value of the business `like it was their money`.
• Participating, not spectating, is key.
• Team player with good communication skills, and the presence to be able to influence at all levels.
• Able to build relationships quickly and be a trusted advisor.
We need someone who is part qualified or willing to study to obtain qualifications, and has the ability to support the management in the monthly forecasting process, sharing good practice, and ensuring actions are put in place and driven through, maximising cashflow and cash collection.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
15 days ago
only 13 days until close