10 months ago
Project Accountant - Newport
Our client are an industry leader within the high value manufacturing industry with an excellent reputation, they are looking to recruit a Project Accountant.
The role forms a vital part of the Finance team and will business partner with cost centre managers throughout the business.
• Managing the month end BVA process, providing analysis on key variances
• Ownership of key accrual and prepayment balance sheet accounts
• Assisting the implementation of the ERP system upgrade
• Provide input and support on Oracle issues, and have a willingness to become an expert within the team
• Business partner to cost centre managers
• Manage the bi-annual budget process and monthly OPEX forecasting
• Assisting the Corporate finance team with month end activities to include; VAT returns, Fixed Assets and FTE reporting
• Assist the audit process to include preparation of annual financial statements
• Review current procedures and processes with the view to suggesting and implementing improvements
• Maintaining and developing strong internal controls and ensure compliance with SOX requirements
• Completion of accurate/ on time Quarterly Reporting OPEX packs to Group
• Supporting and mentoring junior team members
• Plan for team progression and drive cross-training to reduce risk/ exposure
Skills and Experience required:
• Excellent knowledge of Oracle and preferably experience of implementing new ERP systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel with a range of advanced Excel skills (including lookups, pivots etc.)
• Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic business
• Ability to define problems, collect data and analyse to draw actionable conclusions
• Ability to effectively present and communicate information with all levels of management
• Good communication and teamwork skills
• Ideally hold a relevant accounting qualification e.g. CIMA / ACCA
• Experience of Business Partnering with the ability to explain financial impacts to non-finance colleagues
• Degree level (preferred)
• Preferably a knowledge and exposure to GAAP and SOX practices
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a market leader in a position that offers excellent benefits and excellent prospects for progression.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.