Are you a Production Buyer who has experience driving down costs through a multiple of buying initiatives? If so then we have a great opportunity for to join our fantastic client based on the outskirts of Northampton.
* The Production Buyer will review customer specific quotes supplied by sales ops for projects allocated by the Head of Buying to ensure all the correct details and specifications are completed
* Review the returned costs with the Head of Buying where needed and add agreed costs to the request log or returned via email with the quoted specification and attend quarterly NPD meetings with the rest of the buying team.
* Challenging creative ideas and apply effective persuasion to rework the impractical into improved and cost-effective formats in a harmonious and supportive way.
* Update agreed specifications
* Request samples for sales material
* Production Control
* Working towards agreed speed, service and quality targets.
* Negotiate schedules with suppliers and customers to ensure you still meet the expected delivery dates.
* Where possible trouble shoot delays or file problems until they are successfully resolved.
* Ensure our database is continually updated with the correct key milestone dates paying attention to the completion dates
* Negotiate additional marketing costs
* Work with our suppliers to ensure quality standards are met without jeopardising the schedule
* Managing workflows and identifying ways to continually improve processes
* Ensure your final product meets Igloo's quality and standards
* Working as an enthusiastic and cooperative team player with colleagues
* Communicating effectively to provide first-rate customer service for internal and external contacts
For more information and to discuss your skills and experience please contact Esther at Satarah Recruitment