3 months ago
Skipton, BD23 3AE
Our client, a Skipton-based entertainment group, are a highly successful award-winning Creative Production Company providing full entertainment programmes and talent, through their agency, to Cruise Lines and the Leisure Industry. They also provides role-play actors for training and education and has specialist divisions providing digital content solutions for the heritage, museum and tourism sectors. They also own a brand new Bar/Restaurant in a Grade II listed building, refurbished to high specification in the bustling market town of Skipton.
They are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and hard-working Production Assistant to join their busy production department.
No experience is necessary but a passion for production and live performance is a must. A knowledge of computer based software and a full clean driving license and valid passport is essential.
Successful applicants must expect to work flexible hours and be prepared to travel both throughout the UK and overseas on board cruise ships.
Key Tasks (but not limited to)
• Responsible for the packing and labelling of staging, props, Family, Theatre at Sea, Kids, Light Entertainment and show products.
• Driving between venues to collect all rescores as and when required.
• Assist with packing and labelling of all freight for all associated companies : shore side and ships
• Manage the storage of all company resources
• Update the staging an props database
• To maintain, clean and store all staging units
• Work closely with the on-board management and Head of Production for the correct storage and cataloguing of all on-board resources
• Manage the unpacking and distribution of resources on land and sea.
• Work closely with the bar/restaurant management teams for props and resources required for the smooth running of the entertainment programme.
• Liaise with Creative Team for all props for Family, Theatre at Sea, Kids, Light Ents and show product requirements and update logs and drop boxes accordingly.
• Catalogue all updated AV show / Family and Light Ents performances.
• Mend / make / repair small props as and when required.
• Update SOPs for storage of resources on-board ship and land facilities
• Experience in live music or a theatre background.
• Be able to demonstrate being able to work on your own to achieve tasks and deadlines.
• High energy and prepare to work weekends and abroad when required.
• Self-motivated, passionate and driven.
• Willing to learn and improve core skills to meet and match the changing needs of the production product.
• Have an excellent attention to detail.
• Experience of making and storing of props
Please click the apply button in order to send your CV / Cover Letter and any further documents supporting your application.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
17 days ago
only 11 days until close
only 27 days until close
only 6 days until close