about 1 year ago
Our client is one of the UK’s leading furniture manufacturers. You will ensure purchase orders are delivered on time and in full. You will also liaise with suppliers to ensure products are shipped in line with factory requirements, generate purchase orders using established tools (Symphony, purchasing report, manual requests), improve supplier performance including pricing, quality and OTD. You will also support procurement department with core information accuracy (pricing, vendor info), manage and improve department KPI’s and ensure prices are competitive and cost savings achieved and recorded.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
• Review and improve supplier due date performance.
• Purchase and control of commodity items.
• Escalate poor supplier performance, and non/late delivery of orders to the team.
• Review outstanding purchase orders and ensure deliveries are made in line with requirements.
• Support quotation and purchasing team where necessary in product sourcing.
• Assist with inventory reduction programme.
• Place purchase orders using established tools.
• Support Triumph Sales Machine with customer order queries.
• Heighten focus on cost savings and record savings.
• Report supplier due date performance to the team.
Essential skill and Experience:
• Self-motivated and determined.
• High levels of accuracy.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Very strong numeracy skills.
• Ability to analyse data effectively.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Demonstrate ability to learn quickly.
• Team player.
• PC literate.
• Thorough and well organized.
• Confident, clear and concise communicator
• Previous experience of purchasing/factory environment.
• Member of MCIPS or working towards.
To apply for this Procurement Coordinator role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.