Utility Warehouse is an award winning multi-utility provider, our core offering is simple: all your utilities, one monthly bill. Our network of 45,000 partners add the human touch to our delivery, help us get the word out to our existing members and bring in new ones. We consistently win the Which? awards for our service and don't believe "good enough" exists when it comes to customer satisfaction.
Looking after our customers is at the heart of what we do and protecting their data privacy rights is an important aspect of this. This role will enable the right candidate to develop their knowledge of data privacy law and its practical application.
About the role
Due to the increase in Data Subject Access Requests we're looking for someone to help process data subject requests, in line with GDPR and data protection legislation. This will include handling data subject access requests, erasure requests and assisting on other ad hoc data privacy work.
- Ensure the request is valid by requesting documentation to prove the identity of the requester and to confirm the scope of the request.
- Assessing requests and correspondence to identify internal and external parties that may be affected.
- Liaise with third parties to establish what data they hold about our member.
- Collating members information from our in house electronic systems.
- Retrieving and listening to call recordings prior to transferring calls to files/discs to send to members.
- Screening information on a case by case basis for compliance with disclosure and redaction.
- Responding to data subject requests by email/letter ensuring that all correspondence and associated disclosures are timely, accurate and compliant with legislation, regulations and policies.
- Updating data subject requests logs to ensure accurate records of disclosures and exemptions and associated correspondence in accordance with DPA.
- Excellent written skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Manage and prioritise own workload.
- Ability to draft and redact documents, with previous knowledge of redaction tools an advantage.
- A legal/data background would also be advantageous.
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That's probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
Your starting salary will be competitive. You'll also benefit from 25 days' holiday (plus bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, share options, an additional Christmas Bonus, staff discount, subsidised canteen and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we've built a culture where everyone counts - one where you'll feel valued and respected.
- We're the UK's only fully integrated utility services provider - covering both the communications and energy markets.
- You may not have heard of us though, because we don't waste money on expensive advertising. Instead, our growth has been fuelled by 'word of mouth' recommendations.
- And it works - we now have over 600,000 customers, 40,000 Partners and a team of 1,000+ at our NHQ.
- We're passionate about delivering excellent customer service and this is a passion that runs right thru the company.
- That's why we've won so may awards - including the Which? Best Utility Supplier of the Year 2018 award.
- Our stunning, modern NHQ is in Colindale, NW London, and is easy to get to by tube, bus or car.