11 months ago
Practice Accountant/ Financial Controller - Manchester
Salary: £40K to £50K
Key words: Practice Accountant, Financial Controller, ACA qualified, ACCA qualified, line management, management accounts, reporting, STAR payroll, Twinfield, Accountant
Our client rated as a top 15 firm of Chartered Accountants with 22 offices around the UK, provides a full range of audit, accounting and tax services to clients supporting their business and personal needs.
Based at our client’s Manchester office this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Practice Accountant/ Financial Controller to join a team of 12 partners and over 80 staff.
• Implementation and development of new accounting software system (Twinfield)
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and reports including KPIs : based on CCH system
• Involvement in annual budget preparation and monthly monitoring of performance to budget
• Supervision of internal accounting team and function including payroll (STAR), P11Ds, VAT, sales and purchase ledgers, and credit control
• Preparation of year end accounts
• Management of CCH time recording system, staff absence, holiday pay and client data
• Monitoring and reporting on cash flow and dealing with bank on day to day matters
• Qualified ACA or ACCA essential
• 12 months’ minimum practice experience post qualification
• Knowledge of CCH essential
• Knowledge of Twinfield and STAR Payroll desired
• Standard hours 9:00am to 5:30pm with one hour for lunch (37.5hrs/wk)
• 30 days holiday plus standard bank and public holidays
• Flexitime system
• Private healthcare
• Mobile phone
• The option to purchase extra days leave via salary sacrifice
• The option to purchase childcare vouchers via salary sacrifice
• The option to contribute into a pension scheme via salary sacrifice
• Commission for introducing new clients/work
• Commission for introducing new staff
• Life assurance (4 x salary)
If you are a motivated Payroll professional looking for your next opportunity to join a successful organisation who invest in their people, please don't hesitate to apply now!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.