about 1 month ago
A Portfolio Assistant is required for our client based in Exeter. The successful candidate will provide a professional investment service to all portfolio managers and underlying clients. As Portfolio Assistant you will be assisting with the portfolio management of a broad array of advisory and discretionary individual, family and trust portfolios, subject to the special needs of each client; including management of liquidity needs, traditional equity and fixed income portfolios, and alternative investments as appropriate in each situation.
• Offering support to the team managing both discretionary and advisory client investment portfolios. Includes asset allocation and stock selection within set parameters.
• Conduct regular reviews of client portfolios for the ongoing suitability of investments.
• Assist the team to ensure all communications from clients are actioned promptly and efficiently.
• Deal for clients in stocks, shares, collectives and structured products on an execution only basis or as instructed.
• Assist with the preparation of BITA schemes and risk profiling
• Put together rationales for deals on client accounts.
• Keep abreast of market investment information and maintain a working knowledge of all professional developments.
• Present market, company and fund information to other members of the team and wider office: verbally and in writing.
• Understanding/interest in the financial services sector and current affairs
• Working knowledge of financial service organisations would be preferable
• Experience of working in a similar environment is preferable as is a general understanding of the stock market and investment operations.
• General financial planning awareness.
• High level and broad market awareness.
• Experience with pricing screens is preferable
• A good working knowledge of IT systems including Excel, Word and Outlook is essential
This is a very well-established organisation and a great opportunity. If you think you have the relevant skills and experience for the role, please submit your CV and contact Natasha on.