Lookers Head Office
Contract Type: Permanent
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
* Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing
* Arranging travel and accommodation
* Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate
* Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority
* Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments
* Dealing with incoming emails and post
* Taking dictation and minutes
* Carrying out background research and presenting findings
* Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
* Organising meetings and ensuring Managers are well prepared for meetings
* Liaising with clients, suppliers and other employees
* Excel & PowerPoint (IT) excellence
* Analytical and organisational skills
* Familiarity with Lookers process, systems & reporting.
* Ideally, an appreciation of the different departments & business units at Lookers and an ability to navigate these
* Social versatility and an ability to work in both a changing & diverse business environment (gets on with different types of people)
* Willingness to learn and to develop into an automotive leadership role with Lookers
* Able to take decisions independently, providing solutions and anticipating/overcoming challenge.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.